Candied Spicy Nuts
- 1 and ½ Cups raw almonds
- 1 and ½ Cup raw pecan halves
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
3. In a separate large bowl stir the honey and water once combined stir in the egg white. Add the nuts to the egg mixture and fold to cover.
4. Add the nuts to the spicy sugar mixture and fold together to cover the nuts.
5. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the spicy nuts over in a single layer.
6. Bake for 30 minutes
7. Immediately Remove from the baking sheet to a bowl and let cool
8. Once cooled down separate the nuts
9. Store in an air tight container